FULLERTON COLLEGE MATHEMATICS RESOURCES
The Math Lab
provides a good study
environment, video tapes for many courses, computers and homework help.
The Fullerton College Library
has many resources, including textbooks, graphing calculators and videos
which may be checked out by students.
The Fullerton College Tutoring Center
provides free tutoring by faculty-recommended tutors on a walk-in basis and by appointment.
- Khan Academy - A free online education resource for students,
teachers and parents. "We're a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a
free world-class education for anyone anywhere."
- Wolfram Alpha - The search engine for answers. Powered by Mathematica,
this site returns answers to just about any question. Ask it to "expand (5x + 3y)^5",
"solve 24x^3 - 82x^2 + 43x + 45 = 0", or "integrate arctan(x)" and you'll instantly receive the answer.
- Patrick's Just Math Tutorials - An extensive list of video tutorials that
are very thorough and easy to understand. This is an amazing resource for brushing up on material from previous math
classes or just listening to someone else explain the material you are currently learning.
- MathSciNet is an electronic publication offering access
to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic
information for much of the mathematical sciences literature.
- The publisher of your textbook often provides extra help. Check out some of the links below.
Surf the web for other on-line help, discussion boards, practice tests, and other material. Here are some sites that
deal specifically with algebra
- HyperStat Online - introductory statistics
book with links to other books, calculation programs, and instructional demonstrations.
- Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics - integrated
combination of an online introductory statistics book, Java simulations, case studies, and data analysis
- Statistics & Polls: What Do the Numbers Tell Us?
- follow a year in a fictitious election campaign for an inside look at the mathematics behind the polls
and the news you hear everyday.
- The Integrator
- enter any integral and watch the site solve it for you.
- directory of related topics, courses, applications, technology, and more.
- tutorials written in TeX and converted to the PDF format.