MATH LAB POLICIES & PROCEDURES
When you enter the Math Lab, do the following:
- If you have not already registered in Math N01 F, Supervised Tutoring: Math (required if you wish to use the
Math Lab) then do so immediately in the Lab at a designated computer. There is no cost. Math Lab usage
- Now scan your ID card. A current Fullerton College or Cypress College ID is needed when using the
Math Lab. If you forget your ID card, then please use the touch screen.
- Always check the monitor to make sure that you are scanned in or out.
- If one scanner is down, use the other scanner.
- If both scanners are down, the staff will manually time clock your time in and/or out.
When/How does your time count in the Lab?
- Any Lab time spent during any registered class time will not count towards your weekly requirement, even if
a class is cancelled or let out early.
- When you scan into the Lab, a message will appear showing your current weekly total time, such as, “Your current
weekly total time by 1/28 is 20 minutes for Math 141 F (CRN @20179)”.
- When you scan out of the Lab, a message will appear showing the amount of time you have been in the Lab for that
- Session Time Limit:
- A maximum session is two hours (120 minutes)
- A session begins when you scan in and ends when you scan out.
- If you exceed two (2) hours, you may get zero (0) time for that session.
What to do in the Math Lab?
The Math Lab is a quiet place for studying mathematics.
- Use the computers for math tutorials, CD/DVD lectures, or online math resources
- Study/review math from your textbook/class notes
- One-on-one tutoring
- Work on Math Lab activities assigned by your instructor(s)
- Attend math workshops
Want to use the Computer for Math? (no printing)
- Find an available computer in the Math Lab
- Now to get started...
- Computer on?... If not, the login and password is "807lab".
- The mouse will guide you. Click on the following:
- "MATH" folder
- "COURSE" folder
- "AUTHOR" of course
- "MEDIA" option
- Desired material
Want to Study/Review Math?
- Sit where you feel comfortable, either at a table or a booth.
- Please remember to bring your own textbook.
- Please remember, that the Lab is for studying math only.
- Please do not move the chairs from one location to another.
- Large tables have six (6) straight legged chairs (none at table ends).
- Small tables have four (4) straight legged chairs.
- Booths have spindle, swivel chairs.
- When sitting at a table, please keep book bags and backpacks on the floor.
Want One-On-One Tutoring?
- Location - Curved Counter Area (please stand by the pillar if all tutors are busy)
- For textbook related questions, PLEASE BRING YOUR TEXTBOOK and YOUR ATTEMPTED WORK.
- For online homework, either bring the printed questions to the counter or the tutor
will assist you at your computer.
- NEW FALL 2015: The Math Lab provides faculty tutoring for students registered in Fullerton College
Math 7, 15, 20, 30, 40, 41, 43, 129, 130, 141, 142 and 150A all hours that the Math Lab is open.
The Math Lab provides faculty tutoring for students registered in all other Fullerton College
math courses (100, 120, 150B, 171, 172, 250A/B/C, 255 and 260) according to the Tutoring Chart (click here)
Note: Instructors and staff will only help you with questions from the textbook, questions online and
handouts (like reviews) with printed answers
or instructor’s permission
printed on the handout.
- SOME TEACHERS’ EDITION TEXTBOOKS
- Odd and even answers
- Located on shelf between counter & Computer Science Lab
- NO CELL PHONE USAGE IN THE LAB (exception….math related work)
- FOOD/DRINKS IN THE LAB
- Snacks only
- Drink containers with spill proof lids (screw/sports top styles, etc., so that if the
drink is knocked over, it will not spill)
- Please keep drink containers on table tops or booth surfaces
- DRINKING FOUNTAIN & RESTROOMS
- Down the LRC hall to the right of the Math Lab entrance