First Semester Math Course Recommendations
Assembly Bill 705 allows all students access to transfer level math courses. Choose your course from the areas of interest below:
- HUMANITIES, LIBERAL ARTS, FINE ARTS – MATH 100 F (Math for Liberal Arts)
- SOCIAL SCIENCES – MATH 120 F, SOSC 120 F, or PSY 161 F (Statistics courses) Consult a counselor to determine which Statistics course is best for your major
- BUSINESS/CIS – MATH 129 F then MATH 130 F (Business Calculus) Some CSU Business programs may require a Statistics class as well as a Business Calculus class UC Business programs may require STEM Calculus (MATH 151 F)
- STEM – MATH 141 F (College Algebra) or MATH 142 F (Trigonometry); both are needed for MATH 151 F (Calculus)
- A 2-unit support courses (MATH 026 F) is available for students in MATH 120 F
- A 2-unit support courses (MATH 031 F) is available for students in MATH 141 F
- Math 024 F (Pre-Statistics), MATH 040 F (Intermediate Algebra) and MATH 041 F (Combined Elementary and Intermediate Algebra) will be offered for students who prefer to take a refresher course.
Please see a counselor, or contact the Math Department at email@example.com for guidance and appropriate course choice.